Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What I learned about Giving

Wow! It's been awhile. I kind of forgot my password... I think I needed to write about this, so I guess I just remembered my password when I needed it. I'm a believer in things happening for a reason, karma what have you. Ok, so as I write this.. Yes, I'm getting teary eyed. Those of you that know me know that it isn't hard for me to tear up. I really should have been an actress! It wasn't the fact that I did something to make myself feel this way, it's what I didn't do.
It happened on a very cold day, I was driving home from work. On the corner, I see a girl who is holding a sign for a business. Businesses do that a lot around here. But this day was really cold. She was there with her sign and she didn't have gloves. She had a coat, but her hands had to have been freezing. It was then that I felt it. Something spoke to my heart and said, " You can do something to help this girl. She looks cold, pull over and give her your gloves." What if she didn't want them? What if she looked at me like I was crazy? I quickly drove the thought away and kept driving. Oh, has she been in my thoughts ever since. I can't ever forget what I could have done, what I should have done. I had plenty of gloves, she probably wouldn't have laughed or thought I was strange. I have learned something really important: If I see someone in need or there is something I can do to help someone... I shouldn't think twice, I should just do it. No ?'s asked. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. Look for ways to help others no matter how small you think the task is, it could make all the difference to someone that may need a little love.

1 comment:

  1. That was a good post. I just want you to know that you do something for me every day. I fell so lucky and blessed to have you as a friend. You are one of a kind women. I am inspired by you on a daily bases. I love you and I hope that does not sound weird. I hope you have a great new years and lets hit the gym soon. :) your besty

    ReplyDelete